Team Management Profile
Online & In-Person Team Building Workshops
Interested in using the Team Management Profile for team building?
Chat with us on 0345 257 8987
- The Team Management Profile is our tool of choice for personality-based team-building and development workshops in the workplace.
- We are qualified and experienced Team Management Profile trainers and coaches, with over 15 years of experience using this tool.
- We use the Team Management Profile for team building, team development, and leadership/management development and coaching.
- We design and facilitate online and in-person Team Management Profile workshops.
- For in-person workshops, we come to you or a venue of your choice. We deliver UK-wide to include London and Manchester. We also deliver internationally.
If you are an individual and would like to take the Team Management Profile online and receive feedback from a qualified consultant, click the button below.
What is the Team Management Profile?
The Team Management Profile is based on research into high-energy teams. It’s similar to the MBTI® in that it is based on Jung’s theory of personality difference but different in that the lens here is work-based preference. In addition to reporting on these four scales/8 preferences, the Team Management Profile – based on research – also reports the type of work that an individual may prefer to engage in and be motivated by; assigning them a ‘role’.
The Team Management Profile is ideal for:
- The building, managing and developing of high-energy teams
- Fast track/talent development and coaching
- Leadership development and coaching
- Improving cross-team communication
- Accelerated team building and development
- Career/professional development
Why use the Team Management Profile?
We are complex individuals; all with preferred ways of interacting with the world – and people – around us. Similar to the hand we naturally write with, we all have preferences in how we work and types of work that energise us more. When we work to these preferences, we have more energy and enjoy what we do more. When we work against these preferences for long periods of time we can become de-energised and stressed.
High-performance teams and their leaders use this understanding to their advantage. They match tasks with areas of motivation as well as strength. Teams are flexible in their behavioural and communication style depending on whom they are working with. Leaders use this understanding to motivate, develop, challenge and coach their teams for improved performance. They also know and understand the team’s blind spots and act accordingly.
The Team Management Profile is the perfect tool to quickly gather this information, explore these preferences, create understanding and fast track a team’s development; saving you time, money and valuable resources.
The Team Management Profile, by TMSDI, is possibly the most comprehensive work-based personality tool available – especially when compared with Belbin. The 4,500-word Team Management Profile reports on the following areas:
- Work-based Preferences
- Leadership Strengths
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Areas To Consider For Development
- Key Points
- Related Roles
- Work Preference Distribution
Whilst the Team Management Profile is similar to the MBTI in that its origins are founded in Jungian theory, it remains a distinctly different tool that combines work-based preferences with substantial research into highly effective teams. The Team Management Profile is not a test. It does not measure skill, competence or ability and cannot and must not, therefore, be used for selection or assessment.
The Team Management Profile is available in a variety of languages, including; English UK, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, English, Swedish and Norwegian.
Dates & Locations:
As a mobile consultancy, we are able to deliver our Team Management Profile programmes virtually, and throughout the UK, whether that is at your place of work, a venue of your choice or integrating the Team Management Profile into a bespoke outdoor team building and development programme.
What our clients say about our Team Management Profile workshops
Spirax Sarco – Project Team Launch
“Definitely a worthwhile day. Hit the objectives perfectly.”
“The opportunity to take valuable time away from the office has been a very worthwhile investment. The careful approach and design ensured maximum benefits were achieved.”
“Very good and interactive. Felt that I was involved from the beginning to the end.”
“Excellent way of coming together as a new team and start to build relationships and set a common vision.”
National Food Manufacturer/Supplier, Team Management Profile and High-Performance Teams
“Very engaging, interesting and applicable to professionals/businesses.”
“Really insightful and informative. Good practical take-outs to enable learning to be applied.”
“A very useful tool for helping teams and individuals to identify ways to improve performance.”
The 8 Team Roles of the Team Management Profile:
- Assessor-Developer: Analytical and objective; Developer of ideas; Enjoys prototype or project work; Experimenter.
- Thruster-Organiser: Organizes and implements; Quick to decide; Results-oriented; Sets up systems; Analytical.
- Concluder-Producer: Practical; Production-oriented; Likes schedules and plans; Pride in reproducing goods and services; Values effectiveness and efficiency.
- Controller-Inspector: Strong on control; Detail-oriented; Low need for people contact; An inspector of standards and procedures.
- Upholder-Maintainer: likes to uphold standards and values, and maintain team excellence.
- Reporter-Advisor: Supporter, helper, tolerant; A collector of information; Dislikes being rushed; Knowledgeable; Flexible.
- Creator-Innovator: Imaginative; Future-oriented; Enjoys complexity; Creative; Likes research work.
- Explorer-Promoter: Persuader, “seller”; Likes varied, exciting, stimulating work; Easily bored; Influential and outgoing.
® The Team Management Wheel is a registered trademark. Reproduced by kind permission of TMS Development International Ltd, 2022 tmsdi.com
Margerison McCann Team Management Profile Trainer. Experienced consultants that use the Team Management Profile for team building, leadership & management development, coaching and graduate/fast track development. Programmes delivered in London, Manchester and UK wide.