EQ-i® 2.0 – Emotional Quotient Inventory®
We are experienced and accredited EQ-i® 2.0 (Emotional Quotient Inventory) and EQ360® trainers. As EQ-i® and EQ360® coaches, we administer both the EQ-i® and EQ360® for personal, team, management and executive development, and as part of larger development programmes. We deliver UK wide and internationally to include London and Manchester. We come to you.
So what is Emotional Intelligence/EQ?
Emotional Quotient or Emotional Intelligence is defined as “the set of personal, social and emotional competencies that impact on a person’s ability to deal with daily demands and stresses in life, and to be successful in life in general.” This is the important bit. Unlike IQ (which peaks at around 17), our EQ develops throughout our life. The good news is that the development of EQ can be accelerated with the proper support, training and coaching. But first, we need an accurate way of measuring it – the EQ-i®.
Why is Emotional Intelligence Importance?
You already know that humans aren’t logical. Far from it – we are highly emotional. The brain uses emotion to navigate the world around us and to aid survival. In order to thrive, we need to understand how to use – and develop – this emotional compass.
Research in Emotional Intelligence originated in order to gain an understanding as to why some individuals with high IQ were not necessarily successful in the workplace, or in life in general, and to gain further understanding of the impact of other skills and competencies on workplace and personal success.
Emotional Intelligence has been credited with up to 85% of success in leaders. Investing in these skills enables you to make the most of your talents and abilities. The EQ-i can be delivered as a stand-alone coaching and development intervention or part of a wider leadership and management development programme.
What is the Emotional Quotient Inventory® – EQ-i® 2.0?
The Emotional Quotient Inventory – or EQ-i® – assessment tool was developed by Dr Reuven Bar-On, and is recognised as one of the most scientifically valid tools for measuring Emotional Intelligence. It is available in both self-assessment and 360-degree feedback forms. The EQ-i® is made up of 5 composite scales and 15 sub-scales:
– Emotional Expression
– Interpersonal Relationships
– Social Responsibility
4. Decision Making
– Problem Solving
– Reality Testing
– Impulse Control
5. Stress Management
– Stress Tolerance
EQ-i 2.0® & EQ360® Sample Reports
We use the EQ-i® and EQ360® in a number of ways, to include:
- Personal & Professional Development – A high level of Emotional Intelligence is fundamental to successful relationships (and success in general). The EQ-i® and EQ360® are ideal tools to support the development of people who are in roles where relationship success is vital or for people simply wanting to up their emotional game.
- Leadership & Management Development – The EQ-i® and EQ360® are the perfect tools to support your current and future leaders & managers on their development journey. Uncover potential leadership derailers and develop their emotional intelligence in order to create productive, motivating and engaging managers.
- Personal & Executive Coaching – We use the EQ-i® and EQ360® as part of personal and executive coaching. Develop your emotional intelligence in order to maximise your influence, increase your resilience and lead yourself and your organisation more effectively.
- Selection & Assessment – The EQ-i® can be used as part of a robust and balanced selection and assessment process. Use the EQ-i® to measure the emotional intelligence of potential new hires and to fast track their development once selected. Ensure that you have both technically competent and emotionally competent hires.
How much does the Emotional Quotient Inventory®/EQ-i® cost?
All of leadership and management development programmes are designed and tailored to your specific needs. If you are interested in developing your leaders through the EQ-i® or EQ360 please contact us to discuss your needs and for specific costs.
EQ-i Test EQ-i Coach EQ-i Trainer – EQ360 Test EQ-i London Emotional Intelligence Test EQi Test EQ360 Trainer London