Selection & Assessment
SELECTION AND ASSESSMENT: an integrated approach to recruitment and retention.
Helping you select the ‘right’ people for your organisation.
Interested in selecting only the very best for your organisation? Call us now on 0345 257 8987
Did you know?
According to a recent study from SHL Group and the Future Foundation, poor selection and people management is costing UK companies an average of £1,000 per employee per year. So when would you like to start saving money?
Great on paper and great at interview doesn’t always mean you get the best person for the job. Similarly, allowing someone to shine and demonstrate their true colours in just 30 minutes can be less than easy. Selecting a new member for your team to ensure he or she will fit with your organisation’s culture, to maximise return and investment and help your organisation to increase its value needs to be a careful and informed process.
You are investing a great deal of time, money and effort in recruitment costs and in their subsequent development, and that means you deserve nothing but the best in return. How often do we hire someone that just doesn’t fit in? How often do we experience a totally different person than the one we met at the interview? How much does having to go through the whole process again cost your organisation? The 2008 Annual CIPD Recruitment, Retention and Turnover Survey reported that the average cost of filling a job vacancy (when taking account of the associated labour turnover costs) is £5,800.
Understanding what you need, we don’t just scratch the surface; we use our experience to bring out the best in people and show you the real person inside. We will tailor the process and approach to meet your individual requirements.
Our assessment and selection processes will be tailored to your individual needs and will be in line with CIPD and BPS’ Best Practice. Therefore, we will design a selection process:
- Using our expertise to assist you in selecting people who will stay and help your organisation grow
- Which is highly objective, free from bias and fair to all your candidates
- Which will assess performance against defined job-related competencies; we will use your competency framework and values as the basis for the selection criteria
- Which uses appropriate tools and methods; each competency will be assessed at least twice, and
- If you require assessment centres with qualified, skilled and experienced assessors.
Your Assessment Centre Can Include:
- Competency-based interviews
- Work-based scenarios and in-tray exercises
- Role-plays using professionally trained actors a highly realistic outcome
- Group-based tasks to assess teamwork, communication & leadership skills
- Verbal and numerical reasoning tests
- Personality profiling such as Hogan, 16pf, or FIRO-B.
Your people needs are unique. Because of this, we will work with you fully in a process of consultation, design, delivery and evaluation to ensure you end up with the best.
Whether you are searching for that exceptional someone to join your existing team, recruiting for a new team or project, or require a high volume of new staff, our selection & assessment events will help you identify the people that deliver.
Contact us now for more information or with any questions you may have.
What our clients say
Admiral Sir James Burnell Nugent KCB CBE, Second Sea Lord.
Introduction of the new selection process at Admiralty Interview Board (the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Officers Assessment & Selection Centre).“Julia’s credibility and tight control of the budget did much to ensure the success of this project…her dedication to the task was especially commendable and permitted the process to be successfully implemented.” “I was impressed with Julia’s awareness of commercial sensitivity…she continually demonstrated a high capacity for work…she met and exceeded all of the project deadlines…I am delighted with the new AIB process.”
Selection & Assessment Specialists. Selection Centres in London Manchester Birmingham and throughout the UK