FIRO-B Team Building
Interested in using the FIRO-B® personality instrument for team building? Get in touch.
Are you an individual wanting to take the FIRO-B?
- We design and deliver interactive FIRO-B® team-building workshops, team away-days, and FIRO-B® training courses for groups, teams, and leaders.
- We deliver our FIRO-B® programmes virtually / online, and in-person to include London & Manchester. We deliver UK-wide and internationally. We come to you.
- Our FIRO-B® team-building workshops are ideal for newly formed teams and for the development of more mature teams.
- We are team-building specialists. With 15 years of delivering personality-based programmes, we are qualified to use the FIRO-B® personality instrument.
How can the FIRO-B® help you?
FIRO-B® provides a simple and powerful framework to help individuals understand the interpersonal needs we all have within our relationships.
As a tool, the FIRO-B® personality assessment can help teams to:
- Build productive relationships in the early stages of team formation – ideal for critical teams where high-performance is needed from the get-go.
- Understand (and work through) the causes of interpersonal conflict and team dysfunction.
- Accelerate team performance – going from good to great in your team relationships. Perhaps you have already done something like the MBTI® and are looking to deepen the connections within the team.
What is the FIRO-B® personality assessment?
The FIRO-B® (or Fundamental Interpersonal Relationship Orientation – Behaviour) personality assessment was developed by psychologist, William Schutz, and his research into high-performance teams operating in close-quarter settings.
The FIRO-B® instrument is built on the theory that when interacting with others, people have three important needs that must be met – that these needs are as fundamental as food and water. Not only do we all have different points at which these needs get met, but these fundamental needs also drive our behaviour in our interactions with others. These three needs are:
- The need for Inclusion – participation and inclusion in groups
- The need for Control – seeking influence, leadership, and responsibility
- The need for Affection – the depth of rapport in our relationships
The FIRO-B® reports two ways in which these needs get met; firstly, how we express the need through outward behaviour i.e. how we engage with others (called expressed behaviour); and secondly, how we want others to behave towards us (called wanted behaviour). The FIRO-B® provides individuals and teams with a simple and proven framework to understand and meet the differing needs in our relationships.
What does a FIRO-B® team building workshop look like?
No two teams are alike, and no organisation’s needs are the same. All of our FIRO-B® team building workshops are designed with your needs and outcomes in mind. We will use our expertise to understand your current context, and the specific needs of your team to design a workshop or programme that is inclusive, interactive, and impactful.
FIRO is a trademark or registered trademark of The Myers-Briggs Company in the United States and other countries.